Before taking the regimen of skin care routine, there are many skin types that need to be considered including a normal skin, an oily skin, a dry or sensitive skin, a combination of oily and dry skin, and an aging skin type.
You can now buy products that are meant for your skin type after knowing them.
- Upon waking up, you need to clean your face using warm water allowing your skin pores to open. It is better if you can take a shower already. You can then use a facial wash for your face since most soap contains chemicals that are too rigid for your face.
- Just rub this facial wash lightly in a circular motion and not on a downward motion since pulling down your skin might expedite the chances of having loose or wrinkled skin.
- Try not to pull down on the skin as you don’t want to help gravity and expedite the natural occurrence of wrinkles/loose skin.
- You need to rinse using cold water since this close your pores thereby preventing specks of dirt and unnecessary oils from entering. After this, pat your face and never rub since rubbing will cause premature wrinkling.
- You should also try to avoid washing your face for two times a day since excessive washing can cause undesirable dryness.
- It is also advisable to use a face scrub one to two times a week since it will also dry out your skin harshly. You only need to do it twice a week for removing dead skin cells since exfoliating your skin prevents pores from clogging and you can also maintain a brighter complexion.
- Using a moisturizer will hydrate your face helping it look good, prevents wrinkles, aging, and excessive oil production. You can also use an anti-aging cream for the wrinkles on your forehead and the crow’s feet around your eyes. An eye cream is also advisable for smoothing eye wrinkles, reducing eye bags as well as puffiness around your eyes.
- Applying cream or lotion that has SPF30 will also protect your skin from the excessive damage of UV rays from the sun. This is also the same with your body not only in your face.
Regarding your body, whenever you take a shower, start using a hot or warm shower so that your skin pores will open that will make an easy excretion of specks of dirt and bad oils. A warm shower also helps open up the blood vessels so that blood can flow throughout your entire body system.
End your shower with a cold shower since it prevents your skin from getting losing its natural oils. Switching from hot to cold will drive your blood inward protecting the internal organs. Cold showers can also make your hair shinier, stronger, and healthier since hair follicles are flattened which also has an increased ability to grip the scalp.
Cold water seals the skin pores preventing unwanted dirt from getting in. This practice of hot shower to cold shower also reduces “delayed onset muscle soreness” or DOMS which is the pain and stiffness in our muscles and this technique of turning from hot shower to cold shower which is also called the “James Bond Shower” or also known as the “Scottish Shower” helps reduce blood lactate as well as inflammation of muscles.
It is a personal preference to use a bar soap or a liquid cleanser or a body wash whenever you take a shower or take a bath. It is advisable to use a body wash with moisturizers, Vitamin E, jojoba oil, and olive oil if you have dry skin.